Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is this serious or perimenopause?
An_254604 posted:
For the past three months, I have missed my period, had abdominal pain and a distended abdomen. I increased 2 dress sizes immediately upon missing the first period. I had a blood test to confirm I am not pregnant. I've had a CT scan showing adnexal cyst and two ultrasounds. The last ultrasound, we heard blood flow on one side, but not the other. My doc has me on meds to try to jump start menstruation, and it didn't work for two weeks. Then, I got a watery period. They tested for infections and it all came back negative. My doc refuses to order at CA125 test.

Does this sound like ovarian or uterine cancer?

Anon_6061 responded:
Cysts can cause irregular periods and so can perimenopause. Cysts are VERY common and most, even complex ones, are benign. Large cysts and/or fluid in the abdomen can cause bloating. There's no need for a CA125 test because it is not accurate in diagnosing ovarian cancer. Other things can cause an elevated level. Since you just had a watery period, maybe your cycles will return to normal soon.

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.