Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

period for 12 days and it started early at that!
jkjh84 posted:
So here goes!
I am currently 29. January 2007 at age 23 I was diagnosed with endometriosis by having a laparoscopy/hytsaroscopy, thats confirmed! Had my son october 2009. starting at the end of last year endo. pain started coming back so march of this year my ob done a 6 month treatment of Lupron shot to get the endo under control w/o surgery.After the shots she put me on bc for 4 months straight w/o taking the sugar pills so i still wouldnt have a period.havent had a period since march of this year.well I started bleeding a week before my period should be due for the first time this month.It has now been 12 days with bleeding and mild cramping and thd bleeding is getting heavier...not stopping anytime soon. my ob has not been willing to help in any way except to say "call us if you have a real problem and if you are changing a pad or tampon 3 or more times in 1hr....CRAZY! so i have switched docs. I go to her next week for my pap but should i call her to see if she can get me in sooner and also what are your thoughts
tlkittycat1968 responded:
I would call and see if they can get you in sooner. Be sure to tell her that you've been bleeding for 12 days.
jkjh84 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
calledand left a message for the nuse to call me back. im worried i will probably be facing another surgery soon to be removing the endometriosis.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 103 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.