Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How? blood work disaster
Anon_4527 posted:
In April I had a complete blood work up. everything was normal...not even on the ends of normal..but pretty much in the middle. my ALT was 22, for example. I just had tests redone, and my ALT is 37??? How, I don't drink more now. I haven't changed any medications. I did lose 7-8 pounds putting me down to 98 pounds. My TSH in July was like 1.8. the recent test resulted in a TSH of 9.3. How?

Can this be reversed?

The only result I understand is the vitamin D deficiency because it is winter and i get little to no sunlight.

Anon_4527 responded:
when i said ALT, I meant AST. still normal, but much elevated.

Anon_4527 responded:
another thought about the TSH level. The hormone itself is in the low normal range. does this mean i have hypothyroidism? another note: i suffered a severe fall a few days before this test result in a facial contusion and black eye. could that have anything to do with elevated TSH levels?

georgiagail replied to Anon_4527's response:
Stop worrying about your AST levels. The normal range is 8-48 (depending on the lab used).

Discuss your TSH levels with the physician who ordered this lab work.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Grandma all ready
Hi, I'm 57 years old and have 8 grand kids. I am bleeding pretty heavy, kid of like a period. I had a complete hysterectomy in 1978. What ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.