Birth Control
avenged89 posted:
I went to the doctor Tuesday and he put me on birth control to help with my period. He told me not to start taking the pills until the Sunday after I start my next period. Unfortunately, that's all he told me. I've never taken birth control pills before, so I'm a little confused. I was reading the paper that came with it and it said something about an 84 pack? When I picked it up from the pharmacy all that was in there was 28. 21 White ones and 7 light green ones. Do I start with the white ones or green ones? I know that's probably a dumb question but like I said I've never taken them before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

georgiagail responded:
The white ones are the active birth control pills; you begin taking these. The green ones are the "sugar" (hormone free) pills; they are the ones that trigger bleeding while on birth control pills.

Gail

avenged89 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for your help! I was so confused!

tlkittycat1968 replied to avenged89's response:
Also, don't worry if you don't start your period until a few days into the sugar pills. When I was on birth control, I was a Sunday start like you and my period would start the Wednesday after I started the sugar pills.

Your period will probably be lighter as well. Again, when I was on the pill, my period would start Wednesday and end Friday. It's also common to skip a period here and there while on the pill.

Spotting is also common when first starting the pill. Just keep taking the pills and the spotting should stop.