Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Menstrual Issues
laylaz posted:
I am a 37 year old female and for the last 12-18 months I have had more and more blood clots during my period. Many of the clots are rather large equal to a silver dollar. Also my cramps have gotten much worse and my menstrual flow much heavier. All opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
tlkittycat1968 responded:
Have you been checked for fibroids? They can cause heavy bleeding (I would go through a super plus tampon in 90 minutes).
fcl replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I agree. My fibroids appeared at age 35 and caused this kind of problem. Please see a doctor about getting checked out because the situation will only get worse.

There are many forms of treatment (from meds to surgery), make an appointment with your doc to discuss which is the best for you. Why put up with the misery that comes with fibroids if you can deal with it right away?

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 103 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.