Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Menstrual Issues
laylaz posted:
I am a 37 year old female and for the last 12-18 months I have had more and more blood clots during my period. Many of the clots are rather large equal to a silver dollar. Also my cramps have gotten much worse and my menstrual flow much heavier. All opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Have you been checked for fibroids? They can cause heavy bleeding (I would go through a super plus tampon in 90 minutes).

fcl replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I agree. My fibroids appeared at age 35 and caused this kind of problem. Please see a doctor about getting checked out because the situation will only get worse.

There are many forms of treatment (from meds to surgery), make an appointment with your doc to discuss which is the best for you. Why put up with the misery that comes with fibroids if you can deal with it right away?

Helpful Tips

Spotting
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.