Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stomach pain after eating wheat and drinking milk
sarahlouise123 posted:
After having stomach problems for over 3 years, I changed my diet so I'm gluten free and drink almond milk. This has helped a lot, I find if I'm strict with myself my stomach is a lot better. I would just like to ask if I do lapse and eat food containing wheat my stomach starts to play up, will this harm me?

I'm probably writing this as we've just had Xmas so I've eaten the odd chocolate containing wheat! I am usually strict and after all this time used to the diet.

I have been tested for coeliac by blood test and endoscopy ( while eating wheat) both came back clear, the doctor commented on how good my bloods were and diognosed ibs.

georgiagail responded:
It's unlikely eating these things will harm you other than giving you the uncomfortable symptoms you have noticed when you consume them.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.