Skip to content
Missed a period and presumed pregnant but got period the next 2-3 months
An_255575 posted:
My girlfriend and I pullout, so when she missed her period in November we assumed we may be expecting a baby. My girlfriend even showed symptoms:Nausea, head aches, tender breast. So by the end of the first month we were almost positive she was pregnant. The Clinic showed negative result with urine test. We read it could take a while longer for her hormones to kick in so she can pass a pregnancy test. My Girlfriend got her period the next month and the next month after that . They were both similar to her average period in cramps and in length of time. We heard and read some bleeding was normal. But now she got her period again but is presumably 3 months into development I think. We need to make sense of this all. She can't pass a pregnancy test nearly 3 months into the pregnancy (we have tried several times)and we are worried about the baby, or wondering if there is one there.

fcl responded:
I don't understand why she "can't pass a pregnancy test"?

FYI, nausea, headaches and tender breasts are also signs of PMS. It's possible you tested too early. Once a period has been missed you can test.

It's sounds as if there was a month when she just didn't ovulate (it happens to most of us at least once in our lives) but that she got the PMS symptoms. Honestly, it doesn't sound as if she's pregnant but why not go to see the doctor and ask for a blood test if that would set your minds at rest?

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.