Skip to content
Not clear
themiller posted:
Im just confused. What are the chances of being pregnant without penetration? Thanks

georgiagail responded:
Zero.

Gail

themiller replied to georgiagail's response:
Thnak you so much.

tlkittycat1968 replied to georgiagail's response:
I wouldn't say zero. There used to be a sex therapist on WebMD who had a patient for whom sex was extremely painful. Her husband ejacualed on her vaginal opening and she got pregnant with twins.

I would say chances are pretty close to zero unless he ejaculated on your vaginal opening and you happened to be ovulating.

themiller replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Oh. I see. I heard about artificial insemination and that kind of thing. What are the chances of getting pregnant when you have semen in your finger and put it inside girls vagina? Are the chances with artificial insemination and penetration the same?

themiller replied to themiller's response:
Georgiagail and tlkittycat1968 thankyou so much for answering

fcl replied to themiller's response:
The thing you have to remember is that semen is extremely fragile and once it dries out it dies. It doesn't stand up to hand washing either. Artificial insemination is VERY hard to do.

themiller replied to fcl's response:
What are the chances of getting pregnant within your ovulation period with no penetration? Thank you.

Helpful Tips

Keep Searching
Joanna, I just wanted to add my own experience of endometriosis. My period began about 2 months before my 16th birthday - yes very late. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.