Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not sure what to think
olwencuttita posted:
I am a 27 yr old female that had a tubal ligation on 6-8-11 after my daughter was born. I had my period on 21- 23 of this month and now I feel as if I am on my period again (now the 27) with bleeding and presence of tissues and such. The bleeding is not a brownish color but bright red. I also have lower back pain and some cramping.MY periods are usually 3-4 days and done. I have never had 2 periods in the same month. Any suggestions on what this may be. I cant get into a doc till 2 days from now when my husband gets back into town with the car. Any advice anyone can suggest will be grateful. thanks

georgiagail responded:
You are not having a second menstrual period. You are having an episode of abnormal vaginal bleeding. This forum cannot tell you why this is happening but it sounds significant and needs to be looked into medically.

Gail

Anon_6061 responded:
I have had a few times where my period stopped for a few days and then started back up. Since it happened so infrequently, I did not run off to my doctor. Also, irregular bleeding seems fairly common after tubal ligation. It's one of the symptoms of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. But it seems to be more common to have longer and heavier periods, not necessarily more frequent "periods." Hopefully, this is just an isolated incident.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.