Skip to content
My period has still not come? Is there a chance I could be pregnant?
An_255471 posted:
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 13/01/2014 however did take an emergency contraceptive pill (Emkit 48 hours after 1st dose and 24 hours again later 2nd dose). My menstrual cycle is very regular as I had a 7 day normal period on 17/12/2013 however I had very light bleeding on 22/01/2014 which lasted about 5 days (not sure if this was my period). I am supposed to have my period now however it has not come yet. Is there a chance I could be pregnant? My boyfriend said he didn't finish inside me and pulled out on time however some pre-ejaculatory fluid may have come out. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests one on 01/02/2014 another on 09/02/2014 then again on 18/02/2014 and today 01/03/2014 all came out negative.

Is there anything someone can recommend to me or any advice as I am very worried. Thank you

tlkittycat1968 responded:
After four negative tests, it's pretty safe to say you aren't pregnant. Emergency contraception is basically a mega dose of hormones and can cause your period to be late.

angel7867 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I am hoping I am not pregnant as I made 1 mistake but I did take the emergency contraception I just hope my cycle becomes normal and that I am not pregnant. I am very worried tlkittycat

bigred53 replied to angel7867's response:
Angel will you stop obsessing over this! How many people will it take to convince you that you're NOT pregnant? You've had four negative pregnancy tests. Your self-induced stress is most likely causing your period to be late.

Since you don't seem to trust what at least half a dozen people have told you on two different boards please make an appointment with your doctor and go to that appointment! We cannot make your period start.

Michelle

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.