Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lubricant/condom allergy?
An_255818 posted:
Long story short, about two (almost 3) years ago, I introduced a condom into my vagina about 1 day before my period. Before that moment, I had very manageable back cramps and easy going periods. After that, and since then, I have extremely painful period cramps on the first day if my period. In the months following the condom thing I had yellowish discharge and odor. It itched like there was no tomorrow.

Then it just disappeared. The period cramps persisted. I know discharge is the accumulation of dead cells in the inner lining so I'm worried I damaged my uterus. Did the allergy damage me permanently? Is there a way to reverse any damage done?
georgiagail responded:
It is unlikely that you suffered any permanent damage to your uterus from a condom inserted into your vagina three years ago. At the most a condom would irritate your vagina at the time of the introduction and not your uterus since it would not pass through the cervix into your uterus.


Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.