Skip to content
Lower Quadrant pain CT shows prominent cervix now irregular periods
maisy08 posted:
Dr. ordered a CT scan after complaints of lower left quadrant pain and nothing remarkable other than a prominent cervix was shown. I have had a PAP recently and all was normal. 6 months ago I was diagnosed w/ a lg functional ovarian cyst on the left it has resolved but since I have had heavier than normal periods but regular 28 day cycle. Now I have had 2 periods in 18 days and again they are slightly heavier. What is going on? When is cause for concern?

atti_editor responded:
Hi maisy08,

Here is some information on abnormal bleeding that you may find helpful. There are a number of possibilities as to what could be causing your bleeding, many are listed in the above link. Answering some questions in our symptom checker can help you decide if you may need to see a doctor.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.