Skip to content
Extended period concerns
An_256851 posted:
I have had my period for the last 9 days. I always have a weak first day and a strong second day that continues for about 5 to 7 days at the most. but it has continued still steady to the ninth day now and is not showing any signs of letting up. as well as my chest is still extremely tender. im concerned if i should just allow it to run its course or if this is something i should be concerned about and make an appointment to see a doctor. if there is any advice or possible options that would be out there, that would be of great help

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Bleeding that lasts longer than 7 days is not normal and should be checked out by a doctor.

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.