Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
2 periods in one month
An_256906 posted:
I got my period 2 weeks ago, right on schedule and exactly 2 weeks later I have my period again. Why would this happen? Thanks.

georgiagail responded:
A more important question is whether this second episode of bleeding represents a menstrual period (unlikely) or is abnormal vaginal bleeding due to some other medical issue that has nothing to do with menstruation.

Gail

An_256906 replied to georgiagail's response:
I don't think I have any other medical issue that would cause the bleeding. The bleeding is more than spotting, it's more like a period. I'm not on any birth control and I'm 42 years old. This has never happened, and just wondering if I should go see a doctor about it. I am still bleeding and it's been 4 days. Thank you for your help.

georgiagail replied to An_256906's response:
Should you see a physician over this?

Yes.

The medical issues that MIGHT be the cause of this would include things like uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus that can cause bleeding if they expand into blood vessels), more serious tumor issues, irritated cervical problems, etc..

The point is, abnormal bleeding should be checked out medically.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Irregular menstrual cycle
My daughter has been passing dark blood for over 10 days now. There are clots involved and the blood shed is between a very heavy flow and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.