Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Abnormal Bleeding
candi352 posted:
Anyone else in here have experience with abnormal bleeding? My period usually comes on once towards the end of the month. This month, it seems as if I've been bleeding the whole time. My normal one cycle ended on 4/4 and then I started bleeding again two weeks later and it's been off and on since then. My doctor seems to believe that maybe I'm bleeding now because this is the time when my cycle usually starts. She ran a urine and blood pregnancy test which were negative. She also checked my blood count to make sure I wasn't losing too much blood. Everything was normal. I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow though and some hormone testing on Friday. I'm just confused on what's going on with this body of mine!!!!

georgiagail responded:
Many women post here regarding abnormal bleeding. Often they assume this is a menstrual period. It's not. It's good you are getting this looked into medically.

Often this bleeding is caused by uterine fibroids; benign growths in the uterus that can cause bleeding if they enlarge into blood vessels. Unfortunately, more serious tumor issues can also cause bleeding which is why it's good you are getting this looked into.

Please let us know if the source of this bleeding is found.

Gail

candi352 replied to georgiagail's response:
Yayyy!!!! I'm back to normal again. My gyno was right. When I restarted my pack of birth control is when I stopped bleeding. I guess it was just a one time irregular menses occurrence.

atti_editor replied to candi352's response:
Glad to hear everything is back to normal!

dipens responded:
We are happy for you good condition. Take care for future.

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.