Skip to content
Leaky gut and pregnancy
nic14120 posted:
What affects could a leaky gut pose on a pregnancy or a developing fetus?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Leaky gut?

georgiagail responded:
Is this something you have been reading about and worrying over or something you have been diagnosed with?

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/features/leaky-gut-syndrome

Gail

nic14120 replied to georgiagail's response:
Gail- I was diagnosed with the SiBO as we discussed. My sis is in the medical field and we were discussing my enlarged spleen. She said the spleen is reacting to something, then we got on the topic of leaky gut issues. I did research that SIBo can lead to a leaky gut. I have to follow up with the Gi anyway, but am now curious if this is to be a situation for me, would the toxins and such that are leaking out- what kind of risk could that pose on the pregnancy, if any at all.

georgiagail replied to nic14120's response:
Why don't you find out if you have this syndrome first.

Gail

nic14120 replied to georgiagail's response:
I will be calling for my GI f/up appt, but I am just curious what affects this could have on a pregnancy, if by chance this was an issue.

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.