Skip to content
I'm at a loss...
nic14120 posted:
I am 8 weeks preg on Sunday. I went on Thur for my first sono, and it has happened for the 2nd time since last preg in Dec, a blighted ovum. All that is present is a yolk sac:( I am devastated. Last d&c was done early jan. Testing showed no chromosomal abnormalities. I met with the OB after the sono. She said it could be implantation into the uterus. The tech asked if I had a clotting issue. I asked he OB and she said she will run labs for it, but she doubts it as I have had two healthy preg's before. My questions are 1) could having a second d&c only months apart pose any risks? 2) if I do have a mthfr gene mutation, is it possible that it could lay dormant for years and just now become an issue. I assume this is not something that is reviewed with your first prenatal labs, correct? Does a gene mutation cause a possible spleen enlargement- since I have that going on still? G

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.