Skip to content
Peeping
writer123 posted:
Twice this year, I have urinated in my bed as I dreamt of going to the
bathroom. What is going on?

I don't have insurance and can't afford it at the moment, so seeing a
doctor is not an option. Is there anything I can do on my own to stop this. I'm afraid this might happen if I'm spending the night at someone's home.

georgiagail responded:
Are you drinking extra beverages (including those that contain caffeine such at tea, coffee, darker soda's) in the evening or before bedtime? Eating caffeine containing foods such as chocolate at night which might stimulate urination?

At the age (boy, I hate that term because I'm "at that age") where bladder issues might be the cause of this? Diabetic (for example) with blood glucose levels not tightly controlled?

Gail

writer123 replied to georgiagail's response:
Yes, I do drink tea, and darker soda's in the evening. I don't recall if I drank anything like that when I had the incident. I'm overweight and I'm starting to exercise. Do you think my extraweight could also be the cause. Thanks

georgiagail replied to writer123's response:
Perhaps (on the overweight business) but then, everything seems to be blamed on that!

I did find when I switched to decaffeinated tea for the evening meal that the need for bathroom trips in the middle of the night vanished. If I go out to eat in a restaurant for the evening meal and have the regular tea, it's a couple to trips up during the night again.

Gail

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.