Skip to content
Starting birth control mid cycle
nikiboo posted:
Hi there,
I have stopped using Marvelon for about a year and a half now and have recently began the BCPs again. I'm currently on my 9th pill for the 21 Marvelon pills but I've started with the first pill around a week before expecting my period (mid cycle). After waiting for about 8 days, my boyfriend and I had unprotected intercourse and he had ejaculated inside. I have searched on many forums and there seems to be an argument against using contraception for a week then will be protected verses having to finish a whole cycle and after a period for being completely protected. I was wondering if I am at risk of pregnancy and which statement is true? I was suppose to be expecting my period within the past few days but nothing has happened.
Thank you!!

atti_editor responded:
Hi nikiboo,

Here is a previous post on the board that was answered by our former expert on the board that I think you will find helpful. Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.