Skip to content
passed large clot
An_258153 posted:
I am 57 years old and still having periods. Even though i wasn't on my period last week i had been feeling "nauseous, crampy and funky" as i always do before my period. I had not started my period yet but had a terrible cramp and felt a strange feeling in my lower stomach. I went immediately to the bathroom and when i thought what i felt was the urge to urinate a huge blood clot came out. After that, no more cramping. I spotted a little bit after that but that was the end of it. Now tonight out of nowhere with no warning like i usually have , i started. What could that be?

georgiagail responded:
Any possibility of a miscarriage?

Gail

pammyt replied to georgiagail's response:
No, I don't think so. My husband is terminally ill with respiratory failure so we aren't very sexually active. We had sex one time last month. I know that's all it takes and i guess it would be possible but i really don't think so.

pammyt replied to pammyt's response:
I still have very heavy flow and am passing generously sized clots but no cramping or pain

georgiagail replied to pammyt's response:
Please contact your gynecologists office first thing Monday morning regarding this abnormal vaginal bleeding.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.