Skip to content
Hard bump near private area
mtl777 posted:
Have had a Lima bean sized bump appear overnight near my outer labia. Is there a gland or pore in that area that could get infected or clogged? It is tender to the touch. Don't think is an ingrown hair as shape of bump is not round. Rather is oblong. The more I touch it (irritateit) the bigger it seems to get. Even after the angryness goes down from my touching and irritating it, the bump is getting bigger by the day. Going on 3rd day. Pain radiates up towards pelvic area, does not just stay localized. Whole area is swollen on right side. Working on getting Primary Care Physician tomorrow (Monday). Should I wait to see my Gyno in 5 days or ask new Primary care. Would rather see my Gyno than this new GUY! Any ideas as to what this could be?
Georgiagail responded:
From the description (and where this is located), this may be a Bartholins Gland cyst (i.e, a clogged Bartholins gland). Or, a sebaceous cyst. Either way, it is likely to continue getting more and more tender (quickly!) until drained. By 5 more days it's going to be quite painful. Try placing some warm compresses on the area. Gail
mtl777 responded:
Thank you Gail, Do you suggest warm wash clothes or hot heating pad? In otherwords, damp heat or dry? Would antibiotics be a substitute for draning? And by draining do you mean lancing? Does a OB/GYN have to do the lancing/draining? Thanks, Pamela

Helpful Tips

Best Way For Build Muscle Easily
Here York elected top first come up talking about yourself empower yourself that's it quality here every your project right now go for I ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.