Skip to content
Itchy rash in groin and pubic area
mceachern44 posted:
Back in October of 08 my wife developed an itchy rash and discoloration in the pubic and groin area. The rash was later discovered under her arm pits. She or I do not know what type of condition she has. She feels that it is a sexually transmitted disease that I picked up. She doesn't want to see a doctor because she feels too embarrassed. I'm not certain what she is using for treatment but as of yet the condition has not gone away. What is this rash? I've asked her to see a doctor and that I would be glad to go with her but she does not want to. What am I to do? Can any give any advise or know what this condition is? Thanks

Dorothea_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm sorry, but no one is going to be able to figure out what this rash is without seeing it. I hope you can explain to her that doctors see everything and there is no need to be embarrassed. Whatever it is doesn't seem to be going away, so I hope she will reconsider and have a health care professional look at it. Good luck to you both. Dorothea

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.