Skip to content
Low Uterus? What is that?
LadyEinVA posted:
Hi. I had a check up with my ob/gyn yesterday, and I was told that I have a low uterus. I have had two c-sections and I am trying to conceive again. What can cause a low uterus? Am I in danger? Will I be able to still conceive? Any help would be great. Thanks!!

J_Harrison_Hohner responded:
Dear LadyEinVA: A "low uterus" is not an actual diagnostic term. Normally the top of the non-pregnant uterus is about the level of the pubic hair line. Sometimes the uterus will sit higher or lower in the pelvis than the hair line--this is not a problem for conception. Perhaps the GYN meant that you had a mild degree of uterine prolapse. This is where the supports of the uterus are relaxed and so the uterus and cervix are "hanging down" slightly lower into the vaginal canal. This is also not a problem for conception. Your best bet is to get clarification from your OB/GYN as to what was implied by "low uterus". It may be the neither of my GUESSES are the actual condition. Hopefully it is not something that has any impact on fertility. Yours, Jane

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.