Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
excess sweating/odor under breasts
koko15 posted:
My GYN appt is next week but I like to obtain as much info as possible. I have been experiencing this awful discomfort under my breasts. I have been noticing for a few months a smell of milk from underneath my breasts. I tend to sweat a lot in the same area. I noticed in the last week a discoloration (dark & red) with slight itch and the smell of sour milk. I've had an abortion I was 15 and no other pregnancies. Could this be a yeast infection?

LadyDay_1956 responded:
I would say that this could be just a yeast infection under there. Before I had my Breast reduction, I use to get them. It's due to the excess sweating you are talking about. I also know that I stop using things like regular shower gels under my breast in the shower. I would use something like dial underneath there for like a week, and then start using something like dove or Ivory soap in replace of my regular shower gel. Dove and Ivory are very mild soaps especially for an area like that. I'm not a medical professional, but I know that worked for me. I hope this helped you in a way.

Butercup29 responded:
Gold Bond powder after showers is also a good way to help absorb sweat during the day and keep the under side of your breasts feeling better. Before using, I would see my doc about getting meds/creme for possible yeast infection though.

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.