Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hard, immobile walnut size lump
Nicacat posted:
Hi! I am curious if anyone has had a similar experience. I've found a hard, immobile walnut size lump in my groin area (where the thigh meets the pelvis). I found it when I brushed up against it and it hurt like a bruise. This was about two weeks ago and it has grown to its current walnut size. It really only hurts when pressure is applied to it but I can feel it now when I sit. I've been experiencing lower back pain/cramps and upper thigh cramps on my right leg. I have an appt with my Dr later this week but I am very concerned as to what it could be. I am in my 30's, had cervical cancer several years ago (its never come back), two healthy pregnancies (one my own, one a surrogacy *twins*), and am currently on the pill. I'm fairly healthy overall except for the 20 lbs of weight gain in the past year and 1/2 (more likely the result of my metabolism slowing down than anything else). Any thoughts on what this is? Similar experiences? Thank you!

teeny79 responded:
This could be a swollen lymph gland. If you have been fighting a cold or something lately it can cause your glands to swell up. They feel like hard lumps when they swell up. My sister has one over her mounds pubis that swells up sometimes seemingly for no reason and it can get quite large sometimes.

Helpful Tips

Grandma all ready
Hi, I'm 57 years old and have 8 grand kids. I am bleeding pretty heavy, kid of like a period. I had a complete hysterectomy in 1978. What ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.