Skip to content
Every time after I eat, I feel sick
jeannap posted:
I have noticed over the past couple of years that after I eat (no matter what it is), I get sick to my stomach. Sometimes it is just light cramping but other times it can get so bad that I cannot even walk without being in pain. I have been trying to find out what could cause this, but have not been able to find anything. I wanted to see if I could get help here before having to go see a doctor.

Lyonskitty responded:
What kind of hurts is it? I have a similar problem, but mine has to do with my whole stomach, just in different places and at different times. I get aches at the top of my tummy, and I can't eat a whole lot because I get a full feeling fast. Then a little while later, my lower part of my tummy cramps sometimes really bad, other times light. If you are having similar effects, then I suggest that you go and see a DR. really soon. I was diagnosed with GERD (Gastral Esophageal Reflux Disease) and or Ulcers. There are over the counter meds that might help, such as zantac (rantadine), prilosec, and tums. Maybe you need to keep a food diary to see if you can figure out what foods make the tummy hurt worse. Also take note of extra stressful days. limit fats and citric acids, and hot and spicy foods. I hope this helps you some.

Georgiagail responded:
Make an appointment with a Gastroenterologist.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.