Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
white odorless discharge no itching
daisylaur posted:
I recently noticed a white odorless vaginal discharge. I had unprotected sex on Monday and noticed it pretty soon after. I went to the Immedicenter last night and the doc told me he thinks its ghonnorhea....need to wait until Monday for results. I don't have any other major symptoms (i.e. no itching and very minor burning). When I questioned my partner about his past sexual history, he said he had protected sex in the beginning of January and unprotected sex in Sept./Oct. Does this sound like ghonnorhea or perhaps chlaymdia? I feel fine aside from this white discharge (which is NOT cottage cheese like) and my partner has reported NO symptoms. I do want to point out that I had oral sex in Dec/first week in January. Could I have gotten it and of given it to him? or would he had to of given it to me? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bethanybeachgirl responded:
Hi daisylaur, Relax!!! This sounds perfectly normal. Odorless white vaginal discharge w/o itching should not worry you. It's part of your cycle. I bet it doesn't happen all the time, right? May once a month, or every few months for that matter. I just wrapped up my odorless white vaginal discharge this week. It's kinda sorta stretchy. A large amount of it. Some of it kinda slimy. A few days prior to the white discharge you were probably more 'wet' than usual. You are ovulating. Once you begin to stop ovulating that clear wetness dries up. It's sorta like a clear egg white consistancy that you may or may not have realized. So you figure, when the egg whites dry up....they what, turn into scrambled eggs and turn white. That's an analogy of course. It doesn't have an odor because it's just part of your cycle. Then sometimes you'll probably get, what appears to be small pieces of white toilet paper, inside your vagina around the time of your period. Also perfectly normal. Don't make attempts to treat this with any meds or freak out. Treating something that doesn't need to be treated will just create problems. All of us have our natural 'smell' down there. If you have a history of frequent bacterial infections (but don't have one at the moment), I would suggest taking folic acid. Works like a charm. I have a history of frequent bacterial infections. I haven't had one since I began taking the folic acid. Do a little research about the benefits of it. Also do a little searching on your own about everything I just wrote about. Sounds like you ok =) It's sorta gross. If you and your honey aren't trying to get pregnant letting him know that you're ovulating, including the side effectcs, he will likely stay far far away until you clear up. You don't need to douche to clear your vagina of the discharge. It will go away. Let me know how this goes. I'm not a dr, so when in doubt continue to consult with your gyn.

concernedaboutlife responded:
I'll agree with beachgirl- a lot of varying hormones over the course of your cycle could change color, consistency, and even the smell of discharge, but it is normal. If you are feeling that something is off, better safe than sorry, and it is a wise decision to go to the doctor, but i would relax as well.

concernedaboutlife responded:
another thing that it could be, if you had unprotected sex so recently to this issue, did he pull out or orgasm inside of you? if he didn't pull out, it could just be kind of a "left-over".. a mixture of his semen with your own vaginal fluids that's creating something down there that you aren't used to...

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.