Skip to content
sick after having baby
mommy_to_be_09 posted:
i had my son feb. 20th of this year.. and since about 4 days of having him, i started getting chills, abdominal pain, crotch pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, low grade fever, and back pain and the feeling of when i cough something moves in my crotch? along with normal bleeding at times, like right now i bleed like a normal period.. then at times it gets really heavy, and the color changes.. then that goes away, but comes back.... i dont know if this is normal.. but ive had it for almost 3 weeks now?? and its gotten worse.. i dont know if thats normal... or what could be wrong with me..

mommy_to_be_09 responded:
oh and i also noticed, that my diarrhea had black spots in it?? and there was food in it that looked like how it had looked when i ate it, like it hadnt been touched, was undigested?

Georgiagail responded:
Have you been back to your OB-GYN to get these symptoms checked out? If not, you should. Gail

my ob's nurse said that it wasnt normal symptoms after having a baby. to get checked out by my fam. dr.. so i got ahold of my fam dr... and they said they cant take care of me, to go to the er.. bc it sounds like a retained placenta?? w/e that means..

4oSomething responded:
it would mean that it didn't all come out and is causing infection. you should go to the ER

went to the er.. they said there was no retained placenta, my urine and blood came back normal.. and that there is no infection in anything.. but they didnt know why i had the chills, fever, pain in abdomen, crotch, back.. why i had the movement in my crotch, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea for almost 3 weeks now.. and that if it gets worse or wont go away in a couple of days to go back.. they dont know what is wrong with me.. and i dont either.. it scares the crap out of me... its not normal to have all that for so long... surely there is something wrong.. isnt there?...

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.