Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fluttering in my stomach
hpmommie97 posted:
I'm having a problem trying to figure out what is going on with me. About 2 months ago I started having these fluttering feelings in my uterus area, like when your pregnant and the baby is moving for the first time. But I'm still having my periods and I took a pregnany test and it was negative. I read some of the other blogs trying to see if anyone else is having the same issues but the only thing I saw was the vibrating in the vagina. And its not that at all. I don't have any of the other symptoms of being pregnant, except for the fluttering. And its almost all the time, for the last 2 months. If anyone can help me that would be great! Thanks Stacie

_swank_ responded:
More than likely it's just food and waste moving through your system. This is perfectly normal and needs to happen to everyone. Most people don't notice it unless they become obsessed with it.

hpmommie97 responded:
but if it was food moving wouldnt it be all over my stomach and not just in my pelvic area? stacie

ShadowButtersJetta responded:
Your lower intestine is located down there, right? So it would be making its way through there.

hpmommie97 responded:
I trust you. But its just funny to me that in all my 30 years the only other time I have ever felt this feeling was when I was pregnant. Don't you think I would have felt this all the time then? Why now? Why just these last couple of months?

ShanellRobo responded:
Could just be a muscle spasm of your uterus or lower abdominal muscles. I get them all the time.

hpmommie97 responded:
Thank you for not saying its gas!! Thats what everyone else keeps saying. I think I know the difference! I just wanted to get some incite before I went to my doctor and looked like an idiot! So thank you!!

_swank_ responded:
You don't need a doctor unless you have reason to suspect you're pregnant. I get those feelings all the time and my uterus was removed four years ago.

phipps2000 responded:
I'am also having the same fluttering but only in my upper left side behind my rib cage. This to me feels like a baby kicking you in your rib cage and baby movement. I'm not pregnant my son is 2 yrs. old and my Husband has had a vesectomy. I feel stupid asking the Dr. what is going on b/c I'm not pregnant. I looked up symptoms on the checker and it said an aneyuresm which I know that is not what it is, but I surely don't want it to turn into one. I'am also having eye lid twitches. Let me know if anyone finds out anything.

ShanellRobo responded:
Muscle spasms.

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.