Skip to content
Fleshy clots during period?
jillio26 posted:
I started my period a couple days ago, even though I'm on birth control and shouldn't be having a period. It got really heavy last night and this morning there was a big piece of flesh that had come out. It wasn't like a normal clot, it was more solid, and was about the size of say a small piece of bacon. Should I be worried?

ShanellRobo responded:
That was most likely your uterus shedding its endometrium. I wouldn't be worried unless I was in a great deal of pain.

ShanellRobo responded:
Pardon me, endometrium layer, not the whole thing.

jillio26 responded:
Thanks for your reply. I actually went to the doctor and brought the piece in, and they sent it into the lab and it ended up being from a miscarriage I had. I had no idea I had even gotten pregnant!

ShanellRobo responded:
:frown: Oh I'm so sorry to here that. I hope all is well

luvnmommie2 responded:
Oh yes you should. That is not normal. I hope you have gone to the doc.

Helpful Tips

My problem
I am 18yrs old female. I am a very sensitive and innocent girl. This incident happened last year. I had an affair with my boyfriend. After ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.