Skip to content
Yeast infection after ejaculation
sister20746 posted:
I have been getting a yeast infection after my husband and I have intercourse, but only when he ejaculates in side of me. I have been evaluating this for 6 months,even went and had an STD test because i thought this was strange.( everything was neg) We have been together for 9 years and this just started 1 yer ago. Each time ater he ejaculates inside me 3 days later I get a yeast infection. I have tried douching, and taking a bath right after, but i still get the infection. The infection does not come if he does not ejaculate inside of me.

ShanellRobo responded:
Most doctors recommend that women DO NOT douche. This can cause yeast infections. It strips away the vagina's natural bacteria, which can lead to a yeast infection. Your skin may be sensitive to the soap you are using when you take a bath. Have you had a regular GYN check up?

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.