Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling of movement in abdomen?
Jennette1979 posted:
For the past couple of months I have been feeling movement in my abdomen. Sometimes is feels like something is jumping or poking me. I have also felt a little pulling on my belly button. I thought it was gas so I started taking Gas X and Prilosec. My last period was in June 2008. I have been on the Implanon birth control since January 2008. There are times if I make a sudden movement there is sever pain in my abdomen as well. What could be the cause of the sensation of movement in my abdomen? What else can I do?

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Have you done a pregnancy test? Have you been to the doctor to rule out GI disorders? Some can cause a sensation of movement, just like pregnancy.

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.