Sharp Pain after sex?!? Anyone?
CDA_shley posted:
I am 21 yrs old and have always experienced a slight sharp pain after sex. Usually it occurs after deep penetration. I have a feeling that it may be an "inverted cervix" (at least I think that's what it's called), however my doctor has never said anything to me when I go in for my paps. Today after my fiancé and I had intercourse the pain was so severe that I felt very nauseous and standing up caused the pain to be very sharp an painful. I am very curious to find out if this is infact what I have. I also find it very difficult to have an orgasm unless there is deep penetration, but then after I find myself dealing with this sharp pain. Does anyone else feel this pain and have this problem, and if so what did you do about it? Please let me know! lol

bern30 responded:
I use to have that problem with my first husband he might be to big for your little cervix (might, that was my problem try taking it real slow and stimulating the other sexual organ you have to it helps if it continues go to the Dr. and don't leave till she or he corrects and Id;s the problem

preachaswife responded:
I am experiencing this right now. I have googled and read peoples experience and I honestly think it IS deep penetration that is causing the pain. I have had 6 cysts before. and some were not painful at all and my last two was extremely painful beyond measure. Worse than child birth and I have four children, two with no pain killers at all. I often have a sharp pain every now and then and I handle pain very well. But today I have been in the bed for hours scared to move so I don't aggravate this pain. I usually experience pain when in doggy style position. My husband and I were in that position and we were a little rough. Minutes afterwards I started to feel naseous, and crampy. Thought I had to pass gas or constipated. A lot of anal pain and abdominal pain especially if I was standing or sitting up. I tried a hot bath, eventually I ended up in the bed stuck on my side praying for God to stop the pain. I was praying it wasn't another cysts but after looking at all theses blogs I think we all have one thing in common. We just finished having sex!!!! I think I am just ganna give up on doggy from now on. Hope I was helpful. Good luck to you.

LisaAnneF responded:
That was one of the problems I had with my husband for years and I thought it was just the way I was built. I had talked to my GYN and she couldn't find anything wrong with my cervix. When she retired last November I found a new GYN and she took an inventory of that symptom plus several others I had and believed I had endometriosis. On March 5th I had laparoscopic surgery and a colposcopy that revealed Stage 3 endometriosis. He took care of it, and about two weeks later I had sex and there was no pain during or after. I'm just saying that the endo was a cause of my pain during and after sex. There are several other symptoms associated with endo, which seem unrelated to female problems, but you may want to read about them. Lisa

christinajoyner responded:
I am also 21 years old and I experience the same thing all the time. A couple years ago it was so bad that I had to go get an ultrasound done so they could make sure nothing was really wrong. They said that I had an ovarian cyst but that it should go away on it's own. A couple months after that, my boyfriend and I were having sex and suddenly a really sharp pain went all through my abdomen and it hurt so bad that tears immediately shot out of my eyes. He had to stop and I sat up and got so nauseous that I actually threw up. It kept hurting throughout the night and the next morning my stomach was achy and I could barely move. I went to the hospital and they did a CT scan and told me that I had ruptured my ovarian cyst. There was nothing that I could really do to treat it other than take Advil for the pain. He said that the fluid from inside the cyst would absorb into the rest of my abdomen in a few days. Most definitely the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I still get small ovarian cysts all the time and they'll come and go, so this might be what you're experiencing, too. However, it's possible it could be something different so I would go see a doctor if it persists or gets worse.