Skip to content
Fluttering Upper Abdomen
leebythesea posted:
I have been having a strange fluttering in my upper abdomen. It's just below my ribcage. It is not in my chest and I have had no other feelings along with the fluttering. It's not painful at all. It happens a few times a day and only lasts a few seconds. If it is pregnancy, I am only 3-4 weeks. I didn't feel my first baby until 21 weeks. Does anyone know what this flutter could be?

4oSomething responded:
a baby is not even fully developed enough to have limbs to kick with until 12 weeks, and it is still too tiny to feel until 16 weeks. what you feel is likely gas, or fluid and food passing through your intestines.

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.