HOT AND TIRED
YOLANDAH posted:
Hey Everybody!! I haven't been here in a while but I have a couple of questions I would like some opinions on. First off, I had been diagnosed with Trichimonas, I had never had symptoms before so it came as a shock when my Dr told me. Anyway, I went through my treatment and everything was fine, later that weekend I started to have symptoms of the infection but they went away after a week or so. I don't really know if it was the reaction to the antibiotics or what. Any way I waited a week before I had sex again, Bf used condom but it broke and he went inside me. Last couple of days I have been extremely tired,having off and on mild cramps, hot flashes and minor headaches. My question is do you think its a side effect from the medicine or could it be something else? Also can you get pregnant so soon after being treated with antbiotics?

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Antibiotics definitely don't prevent pregnancy so yes, you could be pregnant. As to your other symptoms-that could be related to the infection, the medication, a new cold or flu, another condition, pregnancy. It is impossible to guess.

YOLANDAH responded:
Thanks for responding!

sunset45 responded:
Ok, my question to you is was your b/f treated too? Antibiotics can increase risk of getting pregnant if you are on the pill. About having cramps, I haven't a clue. Being tired, hot and having headache I can understand if you have an infection again.

YOLANDAH responded:
BF was treated also.I am not on any form of birth control. I think its a lil PMS, I am having the symptoms I usually get before my period. My knees ache, I have an increase in appetite,I get really tired and sleepy during the day, and I can't sleep at night. My period is due on the 13th so I guess everything is falling in line. Turns out the antibiotics gave me a yeast infection, with all of that going on I really don't think I could be pregnant.

sunset45 responded:
Yes could very well be PMS. I had it really bad every month before my period. The day before I would start I would get very lethargic and depressed and hurt all over. Also felt swollen all over. I had a hysterectomy around 38 yrs of age and that has really helped along with some good anti-depressants. Hope you feel better soon.