Skip to content
Bladder/ hernia
sidechick posted:
I went to the Dr Friday. I not sure which way it was mint but each I have a hernia on my bladder or a bladder herniation, or does it mean the same thing. I still don't know anymore than when I went to the dr. Here are a few of the symptoms: very little leak, pain, pressure, the from wall or my vagina is being pushed down sometimes almost outside. The pain / pressure is getting worse It almost feels like the late stage of a pregancy. What does ALL this mean? What does bladder herniation mean? If I have to have surgery what will that mean? I feel like I'm still in the dark. Please help me out.

J_Harrison_Hohner responded:
Dear sidechick: It is not clear to me from the bladder herniation which exact condition you have. It is possible to have part of the bladder be involved with a hernia (loop of bowel or bladder escapes out the abdominal wall or through another opening such as the inguinal canal. Here is the best link I could find which describes this condition: www.radswiki.net/main/index.php?title=Urinary_bladder_hernia It is also possible that you have a type of cystocele. Cystoceles are very common in women and will look like a bulge at the opening of the vagina. The "roof" (anterior wall) of the vagina becomes relaxed thus allowing the bladder to "pouch out" into the vaginal canal. A cystocele is often linked to urinary incontinence. Here is a good overview of this: www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/repair-of-the-bladder-or-urethra The treatment for both conditions is surgery. I would urge you to get clarification from your GYN. You are asking the right questions, but you need to know your exact diagnosis. Yours, Jane

Helpful Tips

When is it appropriate to remove an IUD?
I have had my IUD inserted after my baby was born three years ago. When would it be suitable to have it removed? I know it is ok to have ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.