Skip to content
uti? vaginal discomfort
GolfMarth posted:
This is just my experience:
In my mid 40's I started to have irritation and what I thought were UTI's--sometimes they were. Why at night I felt like I had to go to the bathroom all the time-- or experienced itching????
Every 3 months or so, I would go to my urologist who would dilate my urethra. OUCH!! When he had finally begun to use anesthesia to do this procedure I quit!!!

Over time, I learned to be extra careful with cleanliness and I started using vaginal estrogen.
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful
An_255068 responded:
Sounds like you need a 2nd opinion. I never heard of this being done in urologist office.............were you ever check for Interstitial cystitis?

Helpful Tips

I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.