Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
2mamazboyz posted:
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can i take to level me out
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful
Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear 2mamazboyz: It has got to be hard to have both bipolar and anxiety issues weighing you down. Worse, it seems to be impacting your marriage and family life. Your situation sounds very severe, and you do need help as soon as possible.

There are a variety of medication options which can treat both issues, either with or without counseling. As far as I am aware there is no over the counter medications which can reliably treat bipolar symptoms. And if the anxiety symptoms are very severe, no herbal or over the counter treatments will do.

If you have no health insurance, here is a link to clinics in your local area which can provide mental health services.

You need to be seen by a specialist at some point for an accurate diagnosis and knowledgeable treatment. Many counties also offer mental health services or referrals.

Mental health issues are women's health issues as much as OB/GYN conditions. Twice as many women as men will have depression and/or anxiety. This is across cultures--not just in the US--so you know that this is a problem for all women. One in five women will have a major depression. It's too bad that OB/GYNs don't have more training in mental health, because women are the most affected.

Know that you are not alone in your distress and pain. We are all sending you concern and caring.

Been There,

Helpful Tips

Best Way For Build Muscle Easily
Here York elected top first come up talking about yourself empower yourself that's it quality here every your project right now go for I ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.