Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
PCOS
sandyw posted:
My Daughter has this and she also found out she had a growth on her thyroid and adrenal gland....they are watching and following both close.
She went on a strict diet and exercise routine followed by metformin and Acupuncture.She also has on occasion seen a natural-path for health issues.Western Medicine is NOT the Only way to seek Help.....sound like you may be helped by looking outside the Box.I hope you find some relief soon!
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear sandyw: Thanks for the reminder that a naturopathic doctor (ND) can also attempt to treat PCOS with a strict/healthy diet and daily exercise. NDs are often more proactive about these treatments than MDs. In some states NDs may not be able to prescribe the medication, metformin, so a woman with severe PCOS might want to have a MD who would be willing to work with her naturopath. We hope that your daughter will derive great benefit from her combined program. Also, that she does not have thyroid nor adrenal masses.

Yours,
Jane

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 100 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.