Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    suggest for chocolate cyst
    Aastha_Rani posted:
    m 20 years old and unmarried i have a large complicated well defined cystic lesion measuring 9*9.5 cm seen in right adnexa with internal low level internal echoes.[br>please suggest treatment regarding my future......
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful
    Anon_6061 responded:
    Ovarian cysts are very common and almost all are benign even complex ones (I'm thinking by "complicated" you mean "complex"?). If it needs to be surgically treated, it's best to have just the cyst removed (cystectomy) but not all gynecologists have the proper skills or offer that option. Having an ovary removed can cause hormone problems...doesn't always but it can and then you have the risk of something happening to the other ovary and you're left with none. The ovaries produce hormones into a woman's 80's for optimal health so they're for more than reproduction.

    You can read about ovarian cysts here -

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.