Skip to content
suggest for chocolate cyst
Aastha_Rani posted:
m 20 years old and unmarried i have a large complicated well defined cystic lesion measuring 9*9.5 cm seen in right adnexa with internal low level internal echoes.[br>please suggest treatment regarding my future......
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Anon_6061 responded:
Ovarian cysts are very common and almost all are benign even complex ones (I'm thinking by "complicated" you mean "complex"?). If it needs to be surgically treated, it's best to have just the cyst removed (cystectomy) but not all gynecologists have the proper skills or offer that option. Having an ovary removed can cause hormone problems...doesn't always but it can and then you have the risk of something happening to the other ovary and you're left with none. The ovaries produce hormones into a woman's 80's for optimal health so they're for more than reproduction.

You can read about ovarian cysts here - http://www.ovaryresearch.com/ovarian_cysts.htm.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.