Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Raw garlic to treat a vaginal yeast infection
Laura__0o posted:
So I recently had a pretty bad yeast infection. I'm broke, and didn't want to spend money in over the counter treatments. So I went online for natural remedies and came across a lot of websites claiming garlic is great for treating yeast infections, it's an anti fungal herb. You eat cloves of raw garlic, as well as use a clove as a suppository (inserting a peeled clove in your vagina). The second night I did this I cut the clove to release more garlicky goodness. To remove the clove in the morning, you simply stick your finger in your vagina and it should come out easily. You can try other methods that I read about online such as threading a string through the garlic, or making a tampon like insert with a sterile gauze and unwaxed floss. I noticed a small amount of blood when I took it out both mornings, this is normal since I've I had yeast infections in the past I know that they irritate the lining of the vagina. I ate about 3 raw cloves daily, as well as rubbed a clove cut in half on my irritated vulva. It sounds crazy, but two days later I'm symptom free! No burning, itching, redness, or discharge. I'm absolutely amazed that something natural was able to rid me of this very annoying infection. I'm so happy because I love sticking to natural solutions when possible. I just had to share my experience! Thanks for reading
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.