Skip to content
Being A Woman Sometimes SUCKS
IFeelLikeAWoman posted:
I am 21 years old, and have been suffering from this for a couple years now. I've never been pregnant or had surgery. This happens to me a couple periods a year. The pain is so intense I have to stop whatever I am doing and dig my nails into something in order not to SCREAM in pain. It happens whenever I have a bowel movement during the first couple days of my period and when passing gas. I did not know this was so common. Has anyone found ways to cure this naturally? Someone said exercising and a good diet helps. I eat pretty well, has anyone found that more exercising stops this from happening.
-sincerely,
A fellow Woman who hates being one on more than one occasion
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

mysticalchic responded:
tried natural remedies from a health food store but they did NOT help whatsoever. the only thing that helps is aleve or advil along with a heating pad on your belly and make sure you drink lots of water so you don't get very constipated as that seems to make pain worse. you can also try low-dose birth control pills. those helped me. good luck!

ladygnome responded:
have you read about anal cramp, ( proctalgia fugax ) . one episode I had almost made me faint from the pain. Since then I've read that stretching the area by touching your toes helps, or applying pressure to the area, like sitting on your heals, worth trying next time. having enough fibre and fluid a couple of days before you expect an episode may help, sounds like a great incentive to get into the gym too

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.