Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please help...researching is giving me a massive headache...
    An_193216 posted:
    About a month ago i miss carried and now my boyfriend doesn't want to have sex because it's "not safe" and irresponsible. Both points are very true and we are trying to avoid preganancy. I am unable to use hormonal birth control as well as being allergic to latex. Now he is wanting needing a "plan" a "back up plan" and a contingency" plan. Please help. I dont know what to do.
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 17 found this helpful
    FCL responded:
    Here's a link to some reliable information on contraception.

    There are other options you can explore - polyurethane or tactylon condoms (non-latex, both of them), female condoms (they're all non-latex), copper-T IUD (VERY effective), spermicides.

    Does your problem with hormonal BC concern estrogen or estrogen AND progesterone? If only estrogen then there may be a hormonal solution with BC methods that contain only progesterone (minipill, the shot, etc.).

    By the way, while your bf is demanding plans and backups for your contraception you might ask him what he is doing to find information on it ... Contraception concerns both of you. You might like to point out to him that a vasectomy would be very effective and would not have adverse effects on your health :)
    binks41 replied to FCL's response:
    Thanks so much! Much easier website :) and I tried the Vasectomy thing...he didn't really like that option. I was told no hormones because I had a blood clot like 6 months ago and the hormones mess with my heart or something like that.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.