Skip to content
Could it be Cervical Cancer?
punkyfaith posted:
During a regular check up while I was pregnant my doctor found abnormal cells and diagnosed it as HPV. She wanted to do a biopsy, but not while I was pregnant. My baby is now 9 months old and still nothing has been done. I am on my 4th period in a 2 month time frame, I've had some abnormal discharge and it hurts during intercourse. I've also noticed lower back pain alot lately. I went back to the doctor a couple of days ago and told her what was happening. She dismissed it as an infection, gave me some medicine and sent me on my way saying " Come back in 3 weeks". She didn't even give me anything to stop the periods, which needless to say have started to interfer with my day to day life. I can't take this and I need help. My mom had the same symptoms when she was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer. Could that be whats happeng to me? Please help.
Was this Helpful?
6 of 14 found this helpful
Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi punkyfaith,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this and that your doctor is not taking your concerns seriously. Please call the office and speak to them again about your current condition OR even find a new doctor if you are unhappy and willing to switch physicians. It is important for all of us to take charge of our health and be heard. Unfortunately, sometimes we do have to speak up a few times to get the care we need. I hope that everything turns out for the best! Please keep us posted on how you are doing! Best of luck :)

Helpful Tips

moving feeling in stomach but not pregnant
I don't think its gas because I always take a tum or anti acid tablet when I get gas because heartburn usually come along with my gas. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.