Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
right ventricular conduction delay!
marclive posted:
I just had an ekg done in the er on thursday and its aid i had a right vent conduction delay...on friday i felt that my breathing was a bit short...and i has getting palpitations...in the club..the doctors released me with non cardiac chest pain..but this was a whole new symptom..my echo last month ins ept came back clean ..and so was my nuclears stress..can this be causing breathing symptoms and is this a problem..thanks!

CardiostarUSA1 responded:
Hi:

Since your most recent echocardiogram and nuclear stress test results "came back clean", then the finding of right ventricular conduction delay (RVCD) is likely benign, though continuing and/or new symptom(s) can sure make one feel otherwise, which warrants further investigation, until you are 100% completely satisfied/confident with the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.

C☆

-

-

☒Patient resources

☞Learn about the heart's delicate and precise electrical conduction system

HeartSite

Heart Electrical Activity

www.heartsite.com/html/electrical_activity.html

CDH

SEE: Illustration of a basic normal ECG/EKG tracing

How does THE PHYSICIAN know what an EKG means?

Almost everyone knows what a basic EKG tracing looks like. But what does it mean?

The first little upward notch of the EKG tracing is called the......

www.cdh.org/HealthInformation.aspx?pageId=P00215

Your Doctor com

Animated Tutorial

your-doctor.com/healthinfocenter/medical-conditions/cardiovascular/conductiontutorial.html

Heart Rhythm Society

Patient and Public Information Center

www.hrspatients.org/patients

-

"Be a questioning patient. Talk to your doctor and ask questions. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!"

- Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society

It's your future......be there.

. .

☛WebMD/WebMD message boards does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center