Ear Lobe Crease
Nineblessings posted:
I know this may sound like a silly question...but here goes....I have recently read that Ear Lobe Creases may be an indicator for heart disease ??....I have never had thenm before , but have noticed them ( on both ears ) these past few weeks...and also have been very tired and having ALOT of very bad ( heartburn ??)....which I have never had before..I had an echocardiogram about a month ago, ( because of chest pain )..my Mom had alot of issues with her heart...anyone ever heard of this ? :chagrin: ...thaks

CardiostarUSA1 responded:
Hi: No question is silly. What were the echocardiogram results? Chest pain, with or without accompanying symptoms, has various causes, cardiac and non-cardiac. ☞About the creases UAB Medicine Q & A archives b Heart disease risk (ear lobe creases) Dear Doctor Column, October 2, 2003 Ear Lobe Creases Don't Mean You Have Heart Disease www.health.uab.edu/17677 ☞Additionally - b Ear lobe creases and the coronary artery disease (CAD) connection? Since 1973, several studies have demonstrated a link between a specific form of ear lobe crease on both ears and an increased incidence of CAD. It is thought that if an individual has diagonal creases on both ear lobes, there may be some benefit in undergoing screening to exclude the possibility of CAD. Similar links with CAD have been found with other physical characteristics such as short rather than tall individuals or females with apple-shaped bodies. It is important to remember, however, that not every individual with these characteristic ear lobe creases is likely to have CAD. The ear lobe crease may suggest a genetic predisposition to have CAD. This can also be detected through a history of early CAD in the family. While an inherited genetic predisposition to CAD can not be totally removed, it can be modified with a healthy lifestyle. While this and other similar associations are interesting, they are not an important predictor of CAD as other controllable risk factors are. . ALWAYS be proactive in your health care and treatment. Most important, communicate/interact well with your doctor(s). Best of luck down the road of life. Take care, CardioStar☆ Advocate for ♥-Health - - b ☑ Be well-informed WebMD b Heart Disease TYPES Men & Women i Acquired & Congenital www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-disease-men b SYMPTOMS www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-symptoms Mayo Clinic b Heart Disease Definition. Symptoms. Causes. Risk factors. Complications. Tests and diagnosis..... Heart disease is a broad term used to describe a range of diseases that affect your heart, and in some cases, your blood vessels. The various diseases that fall under the ☂ of...... www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-disease/DS01120 - b HeartSite Heart info, cardiac tests (common types) info, actual diagnostic images www.heartsite.com - b Good to know, for the primary/secondary prevention of heart attack/brain attack Epidemiologic studies have revealed risk factors for atherosclerosis (typically affects coronary, carotid peripheral arteries), which includes age, gender, genetics (gene deletion, malfunction, mutation), diabetes (highest risk factor), smoking (also secondhand), inactivity, obesity, hypertension, diet high in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol, high LDL, high Lp(a), high ApoB, high Lp-PLA2, high triglycerides, LOW HDL (less than 40 mg/dL, an HDL level of 60/65 mg/dL or more is considered protective against coronary artery disease), high homocysteine, and high C-reactive protein (CRP/hs-CRP). - - OptumHealth b Making the Most of Your Doctor Visits 14 Tips to Make Your Doctor Visits a Success www.myoptumhealth.com/portal/Health+Hubs/item/Making+the+Most+of+Your+Doctor+Visits HealingWell b You and Your Doctor: It Takes Two to Tango Your medical care is a TWO WAY street.... www.healingwell.com/library/health/article.asp?author=salvucci&id=5 i Quote "Be a questioning patient. Talk to your doctor and ask questions. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!" - Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society . It's your future......be there. :-) . . b ☛WebMD/WebMD message boards does provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.