Skip to content
Racing heart with normal pulse
TheWiseOwl posted:
Hi -

I've been getting some really weird sensations of a racing heart (almost a buzz or vibration, it's so fast), but if I check my pulse, it feels fine. Any ideas what this might be? Although it occurs at times during the day, it's been waking me up at night. It doesn't last long, a minute or less.

Thanks.

CardiostarUSA1 responded:
Hi:

"Occurs at times during the day, it's been waking me up at night"

Please consult with a/your doctor promptly. ALWAYS be proactive in your health care and treatment.

Take care

CardioStar*

Advocate for ♥-Health

-

-

☑Be well-informed

WebMD/Cleveland Clinic

Heart Disease: Abnormal Heart Rhythm

What are the types of arrhythmias?

www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-abnormal-heart-rhythm

Cleveland Clinic Heart & Vascular Institute

Management of Arrhythmias (Abnormal Heartbeats)

w/ECG waveform images

www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/guide/disease/electric/arrhythmia.htm

Heart Rhythm Society

Patients and Public Information Center

www.hrspatients.org

-

WebMD

Heart Disease TYPES

Acquired in life or congenital (born with it)

www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-disease-men

Heart Disease SYMPTOMS

www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-symptoms

Mayo Clinic

Heart Disease

Definition. Symptoms. Causes. Risk factors. Complications. Tests and diagnosis. Treatments and drugs. Lifestyle and home remedies. Alternative medicine. Prevention....

Heart disease is a broad term used to describe a range of diseases that affect your heart, and in some cases, your blood vessels. The various diseases that fall under the umbrella of heart disease include diseases of your blood vessels, such as......

www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-disease/DS01120

HeartSite

Heart info, Cardiac tests (commonly performed, mainstream types, does not include 64-slice Cardiac CT, Cardiac PET, or Cardiac MRI) info, actual diagnostic images.

www.heartsite.com

-

Good to know, for the primary and secondary prevention of heart attack and brain attack/stroke

Epidemiologic studies have revealed risk factors for atherosclerosis (typically affects tcoronary, carotid, peripheral arteries), which includes age, gender, genetics (gene deletion, malfunction, or mutation), diabetes (considered as being the highest risk factor), smoking (includes secondhand), inactivity, obesity (a global epidemic, "globesity"), high blood pressure (hypertension), diet high in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol, high LDL, high Lp(a), high ApoB, high Lp-PLA2, high triglycerides, LOW HDL (less than 40 mg/dL, an HDL level of 60/65 mg/dL or more is considered protective against dreaded coronary artery disease), high homocysteine, and high C-reactive protein (CRP/hs-CRP).

- -

Health A to Z

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visits

www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/hc/men/life/alert05132004.jsp

HealingWell

You and Your Doctor: It Takes Two to Tango

Your medical care is a TWO WAY street...

www.healingwell.com/library/health/article.asp?author=salvucci&id=5

"Be a questioning patient. Talk to your doctor and ask questions. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!"

- Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society

It's your future......be there.

. .

☛WebMD/WebMD message boards does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

TheWiseOwl responded:
Thank you for your reply. I phoned and spoke with my doctor. He more or less shrugged it off and said it was probably anxiety. I'm currently on Bystolic since December (prescribed by a different doctor in the group), when I went in for chest pains due to stress (I was planning a wedding for January). My BP was 150/80 (normally it's fine) and my heart rate was "racing a mile a minute". I had an echocardiogram, which was fine. Chest pains went away, stress decreased, things were better. Then a few weeks ago I started with a few incidents of rapid heart rate. Two weeks ago, I had a weird quiver in my chest that caught my breath and was followed within half an hour by a resting HR of about 120 bpm that lasted for about an hour. Since then I've had these occasional episodes that I mentioned above. My heart feels like it's racing, but pulse is fine. I don't want to make something out of nothing, but I don't feel reassured by his response.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Omega 3 (Harp Seal Oil): One of the Best Supplement for Heart Diseases
Omega 3 is a must for Heart Disease, especially Harp Seal Oil Omega3. More Info(Harp Seal Oil vs. Fish Oil) I prefer canadian products ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center