Skip to content
Question , please help me to undestand!
An_192884 posted:
I have chest pain , dizziness, heart pressure , feeling very tired and cant excersize anymore. Ive been to a Dr and also a cardiologist and they told me Im okay but last weekend when I was sitting and talking to my freinds at night, my heart started to beat very very hard and I became cold like a death person and start sweating cols , specially my hand was toatally wet. I felt Im felling down and I was vpanic attack but I am very un comfortable in my chest area and my neck area. It went away after about 30 Min . I selt after that and the day after I didnt have any ebergy to move and it have been few days I dont have energy to go even to work and every second I think my heart is going to stop , cause I feel my chest is pressured all the times and I suddenly feel my heart beat raises and I feel exteremly tired.
what are these sympthoms mean? my Dr belive I have panic attack every time I go to him but I am using the anxiety medicine and I feel the same! Am I getting crazy ? I think I had a heart attack? if I go to Dr again can they find out if it was heart attack or not?

CardiostarUSA1 responded:
Hi:

You're not getting crazy.

"I think I had a heart attack? If I go to dr. again can they find out if it was a heart attack or not?"

Yes.

A heart attack (myocardial infarction, MI, actual death or necrosis of heart muscle/tissue/cells) can be confirmed or ruled out with the appropriate diagnostics, e.g., resting electrocardiogram (ECG), nuclear imaging (SPECT scan with Cardiolite or Myoview).

General info

HeartSite

Heart info, cardiac tests (commonly performed, mainstream types) info, actual diagnostic images.

Isotope/Nuclear Stress Test

See: Actual rest/stress nuclear images

The physician can separate a normal left ventricle, from ISCHEMIA (live muscle with flow that is compromised only during exercise) and the scar tissue of a HEART ATTACK. The distinction is made in the following way:...

http://www.heartsite.com/html/isotope_stress.html

WebMD

Heart Disease: Heart Attacks

More than 1 million Americans have heart attacks each year.

What Happens During a Heart Attack?

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-disease-heart-attacks

eHealthMD

Heart attack

Is it a Heart Attack?

http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/heartattack/HA_whatis.html

"My dr. believes I have a panic attack every time I go to him but......"

WebMD

Understanding Panic Attack: The Basics

http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/understanding-panic-attack-basics

Additionally, of the various types of heart conditions, symptoms may/can be acute (occurring suddenly), be chronic (occurring over a long period of time), come and go (be transient, fleeting or episodic) or even be silent.

ALWAYS
be proactive in your health care and treatment. Sometimes this requires being assertive. Best of luck down the road of life.

Take care,

CardioStar*

WebMD member (since 8/99)

-

-

Be well-informed

WebMD

Heart Disease TYPES

Men & Women

Acquired in life or congenital

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-disease-men

SYMPTOMS

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-symptoms

Mayo Clinic

Heart Disease

Definition. Symptoms. Causes. Risk factors. Complications. Tests and diagnosis. Treatments and drugs. Prevention....

Heart disease is a broad term used to describe a range of diseases that affect your heart, and in some cases, your....

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-disease/DS01120

-

Good to know, for the primary/secondary prevention of heart attack and brain attack

Epidemiologic studies have revealed risk factors for atherosclerosis (typically affects coronary, carotid, peripheral arteries), which includes age, gender, genetics (gene deletion, malfunction, or mutation), diabetes (highest risk factor), smoking (includes secondhand), inactivity, obesity, hypertension, diet high in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol, high LDL, high Lp(a), high ApoB, high Lp-PLA2, high triglycerides, LOW HDL (less than 40 mg/dL, an HDL level of 60/65 mg/dL or more is considered protective against dreaded coronary artery disease), high homocysteine, and high C-reactive protein (CRP/hs-CRP).

-

Quote!

Be a questioning patient. Talk to your doctor and ask questions. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!"

- Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society

It's your future....be there. :-)

. .

WebMD/WebMD Health Exchanges does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

DeadManWalking56 responded:
An ekg would determine if your heart is beating abnormally because of tissue loss from a heart attack. If it came out positive, they might do a stress test, echo stress test, sonogram, angiogram, or other test .

What was the situation when you were talking with your friends, preceding the incident. What had you had to eat in the preceding 24 hours ?

That sure sounds like a near heart attack to me. I have a triple bypass, done as an emergency surgery, and can't fudge my diet or I have serious angina within 24 hours of a meal.

What is your diet and lifestyle, and what has it been the past 20 years ? Are you prone to worry and anxiety ? Do you get a huge adrenaline reaction from sports or exciting movies ? Are you and have you been athletic, and if so casual, competitive, super-competitive ?

My internist was sure an initial 5 minutes of minor chest pain was anxiety, December 21, 2005. Five days later I had mammoth chest pain on vacation, 4 times in three days. January 11, 2006 I went to the ER for unstable angina. With initial x-rays and tests, doctors asked my wife how long I had been bedridden and on oxygen. They did an angiogram the next morning, and scheduled me for bypass surgery the next day after they saw the results.

You are already on anxiety medication, but that does not mean you should not also be living as a heart patient with ideal diet and exercise. That would be the safest thing.

Roze110ca replied to DeadManWalking56's response:
thank you so much for your replies,
I actually still have my chest pain and feel dizzy most of the time. I get chest pain and dizzy when I lift even a little heavy bag . I went to work out after 2-3 months out of gym ( because I was scared ) last week , and after that I feel that my heart not going to work any more ang there is no energy in my heart to make the blood pump. I was sick , felt w=very weak and had pain and body aches for almost 2-3 days, specially the moning after work out I thought I can move from my pain and I felt there are a poision in my body ... I had really hard times I felt Im dying but I didnt want go to Dr again ... they dont take me seriously... Im very healthy , thin , I eat healthy and I dont smok so they think I have panic attack. even a month a go I went to ER and they told me probably a panic attack.
recntly I dont get those sweating and shaking symphtoms , but still I m sick evey day . Im scared to work out :( and Im really sad about that. I really want find out what is going on with me ?
I was using bith control pills for a while so I stopped them and some of those weired sympthoms like heart murmor or paltipations are gone after I stop them.... but Im not the healthy and energetic person I was before ... :( what is wrong with me ....

Roze110ca replied to CardiostarUSA1's response:
thank you so much for your replies,
I actually still have my chest pain and feel dizzy most of the time. I get chest pain and dizzy when I lift even a little heavy bag . I went to work out after 2-3 months out of gym ( because I was scared ) last week , and after that I feel that my heart not going to work any more ang there is no energy in my heart to make the blood pump. I was sick , felt w=very weak and had pain and body aches for almost 2-3 days, specially the moning after work out I thought I can move from my pain and I felt there are a poision in my body ... I had really hard times I felt Im dying but I didnt want go to Dr again ... they dont take me seriously... Im very healthy , thin , I eat healthy and I dont smok so they think I have panic attack. even a month a go I went to ER and they told me probably a panic attack.
recntly I dont get those sweating and shaking symphtoms , but still I m sick evey day . Im scared to work out and Im really sad about that. I really want find out what is going on with me ?
I was using bith control pills for a while so I stopped them and some of those weired sympthoms like heart murmor or paltipations are gone after I stop them.... but Im not the healthy and energetic person I was before ... what is wrong with me ....

DeadManWalking57 replied to Roze110ca's response:
Roze:

Your heart sounds weak, so you can't go to a gym. Just try walking, and only what is comfortable to do.

You think you eat healthy, but maybe not THE most heart beneficial foods.

Have you stopped most foods with fats ? Are you getting dark red and blue fruits, green tea, pomegranates, blueberries, tuna, chicken breast. Veggies and whole grains ?

If you do have a heart problem, it may be critical to make your diet very highly cardio protective.

Roze110ca replied to DeadManWalking57's response:
yes, for a while (about 9 months ago) before all theses symptoms started, I was under so much pressure in my life. I had very strict diet ( even I m not overweight Im 5.6 and I was 110 now Im 120) . I didnt have time to eat enough too! and I used to go to gym 4-5 times a week and work out a lot! my diet was just fruits , salad , a little meat and at night after workout just an apple , and everything non fat! I was loosing weight ...I lost 10 pounds in couple of weeks. Sometimes I think maybe I damaged my heart at those time . but I was very healthy and I never had any health problem before . then after I got sick I just had cardio, sonography tests and I had a heart monitor for a month ... nothing showed up !
Now I'm gaining weight , because Im not active anymore and I get tired very vary soon ... I was very energetic now I cant do that much ! it makes me sad !
my worst experience was a few months a go when I went for hiking for a day ... I couldn't believe I was back of everyone and I barely could breath and I was thinking I am going to stop breathing and my heart going to stop there. I had heart raising and heaviness in my chest all the time and I felt I couldnt breath.
After I came back to the car in the afternoon to rest, I had sharp pain in my heart area twice! I was the worst time and the most painful attack I had . I really taught Im having a heart attack and Im going to die!.
can it be a heart failure ? or maybe some imbalance in hormones? Im female 38 y .
Please let me know
thanks

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center