Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Heart problems
JustInStyle posted:
First off, sorry if I posted in the wrong section, it's my first time here!This all started a month ago, with the worst night of my life, I will explain;
Throughout the night I had a "pressure" in my chest, as 5-6am rolled around, it became a severe problem. My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest, I felt extremely weak, and my face/parts of my body were becoming numb. I was too weak to even make myself food, I was light headed too. I don't know what caused this, but ever since that night my heart has just been acting weird. I've looked online, as I said, and came to the conclusion it was low blood sugar problem. It's been an almost every day thing, just no where near as bad as that night. I've been able to control it mostly, by adding sugar to foods or for some reason drinking water helps too(?). I haven't figured out what foods set me into this situation yet

Tonight/morning my left arm has been having a tingling feeling, and I can't rid of it. My chest at times feels like a fire is in there. It's short timed, and not severe. I don't want to go to the hospital because it's costly, but all my symptoms match a stroke/heart attack... it doesn't feel *that* extreme though, thoughts?

Personal info: I'm 19
Aunt on mom's side - diabetes
Grandpa on dad's side - low blood suar ( I believe)
dad - high blood pressure
Everyone else in my family has no problems

Thank you
-Justin

BillH99 responded:
I am sorry, but no one can diagnose or even make a reasonable guess over the internet.

And you have SERIOUS SYMPTOMS.

Go to the hospital.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I agree with Bill - get to a medical professional immediately...

Cost is not a reason to avoid addressing possibly life threatening symptoms.

Haylen

Bev79083 responded:
Everyone's symptoms are different, go to the HOSPITAL

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center