Skip to content
heart attack or angia?
lenamarie001 posted:
The other night I went to bed, as i laying in bed getting comfortable, I had a sharp pain in my chest and left side, it was so intense it moved up my neck and my jaw on the left side. it lasted about 5 mins. It would so away, but then come back. So I would say the pain came and go for about 10 mins. I'm not sure, what i should do about it?

Take the Poll

Could someone please tell me what they think it is?
  • angia?
  • heart attack?
vote
View Poll Results

billh99 responded:
heart attack or angia

What difference does it make.

In either case it is a serious enough symptoms that you need to see your doctor.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to billh99's response:
Please see a health care professional ASAP. This is not a symptom to take lightly.

Haylen

mrssmithgill responded:
You have to see a doctor. Hopefully, it was nothing. However, heart problems need to be diagnosed. Get an appointment to a cardiologist, and have some tests done. I hope you do not have a heart problem, good luck and start eating healthier.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

A Word A DayGuest Expert
It is important to keep physically fit. But it is just as critical to stay mentally fit as well. One form of mental aerobics is to learn a ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center